Sunday, September 6, 2015

"'Cause I'd get a thousand hugs from ten thousand lightning bugs as they tried to teach me how to dance"

I have a feeling that being a vagabond without a permanent home is a problem that many of us have faced over the years in Second Life, and for over a year and a half now that has been me.  Yes, I know that epitomizes the boho lifestyle, but it really wasn't my intention.  I am quite fond of my semi hermit-like lifestyle and having a home and a place to nest is incredibly important to me.  Hitching a ride for a place to change clothes and take pics suited my needs for blogging and I enjoyed being around my friends but at some point I knew I was going to have to put down roots and establish a homebase.  This was the week and I am now a proud owner of land on SL and my dreams are coming true.  I spent hours just sitting in my new treasures from The Arcade with a soft smile, feeling like I was finally home.  The boxes aren't quite all unpacked yet, and I know everything will probably move around a thousand times before I am truly happy but at the moment I am more than content.  As the sun started to set on the sim I noticed a few twinkling lights in the distance and realized someone had fireflies flitting about on their property across the lake and the feeling of "home" was intensified as I was suddenly transported back to the Summer nights of my youth.  And of course, with nostalgia came the words and notes to a song that refused to stop playing in my head as I tele'd upstairs to my platform to unpack some goodies.  Apparently, luck was on my side as the first box I opened fit my mood and the song dancing through my head perfectly!


This gorgeous new Boho outfit from Hudson's Clothing Co. will surely put you in a flirtatious mood for whatever you have planned in the next few weeks before those of us in the Northern Hemisphere have to start preparing for Fall and Winter.  The top comes in a variety of sizes along with a Fitted option, and the skirt has a built in resizer with touch ensuring a perfect fit every time, including for those of us with mesh bodies, as the ensemble comes with the OMEGA system as well.  Do yourself a favor and head on over and pick yours up today and join me in feeling very Boho chic!

The Details
Body - Maitreya
Skin - DeeTaleZ - Justine
Hair - No.Match - No.Trouble
Eyes - IKON - Triumph - Industrial @ Shiny Shabby
Necklace and Earrings - Maxi Gossamer - Esmeralda Gypsy Queen
Tattoo - Reckless - Haze
Top and Skirt - Hudson's Clothing Co. - Boho Pink NEW!!!
Pose - Le Poppycock - All Angles - A @ Chapter Four
Dock and Boat - 8f8 - Pier and Boat - RARE @ The Arcade

'Cause I'd get a thousand hugs
From ten thousand lightning bugs
As they tried to teach me how to dance
A foxtrot above my head
A sock hop beneath my bed
The disco ball is just hanging by a thread
(Thread, thread...)

I'd like to make myself believe
That planet Earth turns slowly
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep
'Cause everything is never as it seems
(When I fall asleep)
Owl City - Fireflies


Have a wonderfully wicked rest of your day and remember to always stay true to your style and make today's fashion trends work for you!
~Jade~    

No comments: