Sunday, November 8, 2015

"The home should be the treasure chest of living." Le Corbusier

"If I were asked to name the chief benefit of the house, I should say: the house shelters day-dreaming, the house protects the dreamer, the house allows one to dream in peace."
Gaston Bachelard
Dreamer's Hideaway
For over a year and a half now, since my return to SL, I have felt very unsettled.  I was an untethered balloon being tossed about by the winds of change.  Though many a time I have had a place to call home, it was always shared and I felt like a squatter.  For a few months now I have had my own land and for most people, a home.  Something felt off...  The houses were always too big, and I only decorated one or two rooms; or they just didn't fit with "me."  I have set up and taken down three different homes now and I was beginning to think I would never feel at home on SL, which was breaking my heart.  Last week, the night before FaMESHed opened I wandered by Seraphim to check out the gallery and when I laid my eyes on the the new collection from Tromp Loeil a scene began to create itself in my mind and off I ran to the event to pick up the Tulia Greenhouse and it's accessories.  Between the greenhouse, unKindness's release of the Stiks Lights at FaMESHed, last month's round of Epiphany and the Gacha Garden, I realized my perfect attic eclectic style would come together nicely in this intimate space.  I greatly modified the greenhouse to accommodate all of my knickknacks, books and various pieces of furniture, and yes I love the cluttered look.  I don't need anything more than a small space to entertain friends in, or to just sit and relax.
“Home is a name, a word, it is a strong one; stronger than magician ever spoke, or spirit ever answered to, in the strongest conjuration.”  Charles Dickens
A Dreamer's Hideaway
"The ache for home lives in all of us, the safe place where we can go as we are and not be questioned." - Maya Angelou
Just in case you all missed the hype from the last round of The Gacha Garden, I am going to let you in on the secrets!  The Gacha Garden is a whole new experience where every machine has a Seed of Inspiration gift after 20 pulls!  Seriously ONLY twenty plays!!  Now I know many are skeptical and I know I was at first, thinking I would get 20 of the same simple item in the gacha and then the Seed of Inspiration.  This was not the case, and as you can tell I had a great time and picked up oodles of new items for my home and for my wardrobe.  I promise you will not be disappointed, so HURRY!!!!

The Details 
Photo One
House - Tromp Loeil - Tulia Greenhouse @ FaMESHed
Lights - unKindness - Stiks Lights Woodland Set - Light Wood @ FaMESHed
Signs - *YS&YS* - Riciclo Gacha - Live, Laugh and Love (come separately) @ Gacha Garden
Basket - Zerkalo - All White
Pillow with saying - NACH - Cosy Retreat Gacha - Good Morning Beautiful @ Gacha Garden
Pillow on Left - Zerkalo - Halloween in White (Epiphany last month)
Hanging Plant - *YS&YS* - Riciclo Gacha @ Gacha Garden
Plant on floor - A.D.D. Andel - Potted Plant - Lavendar
Corner Art - Pixel Mode - Fall Harvest Gacha - Lost Art
Tub - unKindness - Comfort Tubby - Daydream
Wall Lamp - *YS&YS* - Seed of Inspiration  @ Gacha Garden
Charts - [Lark and Co.] - Favorite Faded Fantasy Gacha - Astrology Charts @ Gacha Garden
Books - [Lark & Co.] - Favorite Faded Fantasy Gacha - Books @ Gacha Garden
Art Sign - NACH - Cosy Retreat Gacha @ Gacha Garden
Telescope - Ex Machina - Vega 1
Stool - Dust Bunny - Blanket Stool
Dress Form - Apple Fall
Nightstand - Zerkalo - Tenderness Bedside Table
Plant on Nightstand - Artisan Fantasy - Money Plant - Large
Rugs - 8f8 - Storyteller's Collection - Old Rugs
Vintage Road Sign - junk - Paris Street Sign
   
Photo Two
House - Tromp Loeil - Tulia Greenhouse @ FaMESHed
Tub - Tromp Loeil - Tulia Bathtub @ FaMESHed
Lights - unKindness - Stiks Lights Woodland Set - Light Wood @ FaMESHed
Hanging Plant - *YS&YS* - Riciclo Gacha @ Gacha Garden
Hanging Fabric - Soy - Osc. - Hanging Fabric - Blue
Flowers - Kaerri - Flowers in Jars (on sale through tonight)
Vanity - unKindness - Autumn Vanity Set
Altar - Soy - Essentials of Witchcraft

Have a wonderfully wicked rest of your evening and remember to always stay true to your style and make today's fashion and decor trends work for you!
~Jade~ 




 
 




No comments: