Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Destination Anywhere for Christmas

For the past 15 years I have lived in the mountains of Arizona, and for my health the low temps and low humidity have been beneficial to my health until NOW!  It's like the cold targets my neck and makes even the tiniest of movements hard when out and about.  I can't warm up no matter what I do and suddenly I am thinking of a destination anywhere but Arizona for Christmas, especially when we have been colder than the entire rest of the country.  I am going down to Phoenix which will be warmer than it is up here in Flagstaff, but still some of you people are having a lovely Spring this Winter and I want some!  So over to the North Pole I headed to grab a ride on the train hoping Santa can drop me off on a sandy beach warmed by the Sun, hopefully with a Cabana Boy there to meet me with a Mai Tai!

North Pole Sleigh Ride Adventure

The December round of Swank opened recently with the debut of this adorable ensemble from AnaMarkova Designs.  The Sleigh Ride outfit consists of sweater and jeans with a HUD for the sweater offering several different pattern choices, but I stuck with the traditional Christmas red and green argyle since my mood is most definitely centered around the Holidays at the moment.  I love the off the shoulder design of this sweater with body hugging curves that fit perfectly over the slim cut, straight jeans.  This is an exclusive to the event so make sure you head on over before it comes to a close.  The grand re-opening of The Dressing Room closed yesterday, which is where I picked up this hair from Elikatira, but I am sure if you check back later this week it will make it's way into the main store.  I love the soft framing of the face and loose ponytail on the Quinn hair and think everyone should have this in their wig assortment!  Last week I saw a promo ad from Ben's Beauty for these AMAZING ankle boots and immediately clicked the link to make them my own!  Most ankle boots have the terrible issue of NOT coming to the top of the ankle leaving about an inch of skin exposed, which we all know wouldn't happen in the real world when the temps dip below 30, and it makes me NUTS seeing it on SL.  So you can imagine how happy I was to see that these boots not only go up high enough, but give the impression of tights or socks being worn so there is no gap between the bottom of leggings, pants or jeans.  Trust me I have tried them on with several different pants and they have quickly become my favorite pair of boots in my closet.  Check out the marketplace link and see what other promos happen to be going on and grab these and maybe some other shoes while you are there!

The Details
Body - Maitreya
Skin - DeeTaleZ - Fenja
Hair - Elikatira - Quinn (TDR ended yesterday so check the store later this week)
Eyes - IKON - Silverleaf
Jewelry - Cae - Phases
Sweater and Jeans - AnaMarkova Designs - Sleigh Ride @ Swank
Shoes - Ben's Beauty - Dream Booties
Pose - PosESion - Mona



Have a wonderfully wicked rest of your day and remember to always stay true to your style and make today's fashion trends work for you!
~Jade~

No comments: