Sunday, June 28, 2015

Indulging in a moment of Summertime melancholia

The past week has set my bi-polar disorder a swinging to and fro which as most people know, irritates the hell out of me.  I take things in stride and have managed my emotions through communication with others and listening to my body for years, but stress often sets me a bit off kilter and my meter is reading "TILT" much like an old pinball machine.  The icing on the cake this week was having to go have a sleep study done last night to check out what goes on in the wee hours of the night and why I don't really sleep.  I haven't been told what time to go to bed since I was 18 years old and still living at home, so when the technician said, "Lights out." at 9:30 pm I had a moment of wtf are you thinking, then closed my eyes and said, to myself, "Alright, let's see how this goes."  I have no idea how long it took me to fall asleep but it was not restful and I am exhausted today, again.  That has been a constant state of being lately, and I have to say I was truly hoping I would get some good rest last night.  My body, however, often has a mind of it's own and last night it decided to pick a fight!  So today, as I was going through my picture pile up I realized that I am feeling completely uninspired today and down, so instead of trying to fight it and come up with a shoddy piece of work, I decided to share with you my current mood.

Poolside @ The Twin's Estate
It's funny, most people don't really know what causes their down swings, but with self awareness and sitting alone with yourself and think about your current situation, what you thought has brought you down is most likely NOT the true reason behind your sudden dip.  For me, Summers make me think of couple's and weddings; picnics in the park and date nights, which being single, this can often turn me a bit melancholy.  But as many of you know, I am not one to fight that downturn, as I know it will always reverse itself in time.  So down to the mainland I went from my platform in the sky and to the pool to curl up and ponder the universe for awhile in this gorgeous new bikini from Jinx!  The suit is an exclusive at Color Me Project and it comes with a 6 color/pattern change HUD for ONLY $99L until the 6th of July when the event ends.  Do yourself a favor and go check out the event and get your hands on all kinds of goodies and make sure when you stop by Jinx, to check out the little hidden discount, rumor has it a starfish holds the key!  

Style Card
 Body, Hands and Feet - Slink
Skin - DeeTaleZ - Kimber
Eyes - IKON - Silverleaf
Lashes - Gaeline - Felicia
Hair - MINA - Nanda
Swimsuit - Jinx - Bambini - Exclusive for Color Me Project
 6 color change/pattern HUD - ONLY $99L


Have a wonderfully wicked rest of your night and remember to always stay true to your style and make today's fashion trends work for you!
~Jade~
 

 

1 comment:

Julala said...

Thanks so much Jade - even when you're down you still do a great post!