Monday, June 15, 2015

"Summer came like cinnamon, so sweet"

Spring was something that never really hit the high country here in Arizona this year, but Summer is peeking around the corner and the temps are rising.  I remember Summer's growing up in St. Louis and how as the temperatures grew so did the evening adventures into the Central West End; with its sidewalk cafes, retro clothing stores, restaurants and my favorite place, Vintage Vinyl.  Though I spent my teens listening to cassette tapes there is something so classic and pure about a record printed on vinyl.  I hate that my son and the majority of his friends have no idea what a "record" is, let alone know what to do with it if they ever found one!  Vintage Vinyl had cubicles you could play records in and I remember stuffing 4 or 5 teen girls into one to hear the newest release from one of our favorite bands.  Needless to say as I was out wandering around looking for a place to inspire me for a picture, I headed by Indie Heights, and to my surprise found Vintage Vinyl.  Though a little modern, I was immediately transported back in time and I closed my eyes for a moment and I swear I could smell the fresh pressed vinyl.  If you too have a love of records and are looking for a spot to just chill out and think about the times gone by, then head on over to your favorite Thrift Shop and grab an old player with a couple of albums and get nostalgic with me for simpler times.


Style Card
 Body, Hands and Feet - Slink
Skin - DeeTaleZ
Eyes - IKON
Shadow - Alaskametro - Tropika @ Anybody #7
Hair - Exile - Rising Tides
Necklace and Earrings - Maxi Gossamer - Fern's Trinket
Ensemble - AnaMarkova Designs - Gretchen NEW!!! NEW!!!
Bracelets - Glint - Womens' Leather and Beads
Shoes - Zenith - Summer Platforms @ FaMeshed

Three little birds sat on my window
And they told me I don't need to worry
Summer came like cinnamon, so sweet
Little girls, double-dutch on the concrete
Maybe sometimes we got it wrong, but it's all right
The more things seems to change, the more they stay the same
Ooo, don't you hesitate

Girl, put your records on, tell me your favorite song
You go ahead, let your hair down
Sapphire and faded jeans
I hope you get your dreams
Just go ahead, let your hair down
You're gonna find yourself somewhere, somehow
Corinne Bailey Rae - Put Your Records On
 
I absolutely love the retro Boho feel of this fringe top with its tailored shorts.  Both are very well made, though I will say you might have some breaking through when wearing a mesh body when twisting and turning.  But as you can see here, it is very pose specific and doesn't interfere with wearing it at all.  Do yourself a favor and head on by AnaMarkova Designs and check out all the gorgeous new releases including the one featured here.  
Have a wonderfully wicked rest of your day and remember to always stay true to your style and make today's fashion trends work for you!
~Jade~

No comments: