Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Doing a bit of California dreaming

For those of you who follow me on Facebook, you will know that last week I got some news about my neck, and for those who don't, I will get you all up to speed very quickly.  I will be having surgery on April 26th and I am unsure of how long I will be away from Second Life and blogging.  I knew this was the direction I was headed in, but the reality of it has hit me harder than expected.  But everyday it seems to get a bit worse, and the pain increases and I become much more ready for the rather extensive surgery.  One of the things plaguing me over the past few days is the fact I cannot warm up.  The temperatures in the mountains of Arizona have been consistently in the mid to high 50's as of late, which means my house warms up plenty in the afternoons, but I have still been chilled to the bone.  So of course, I am dreaming of the warm beaches of California and how much I would love to be absorbing some sun right about now.  Which means I ran off to Baja Cove to pretend for a moment I was at the beach, and I actually felt a bit warmer for a little while.


If you haven't been paying attention the Skin Fair has started meaning anything and everything you could possibly want for your Second Life avatar is available on TWO sims!  Alaskametro has released the Kismet skin for the event, available in all kinds of colors as well as appliers for your favorite mesh bodies, and several of the mesh heads as well!  The skin comes in two versions, with and without freckles, and I just fell in love with the freckles on this new skin!  They are perfect, and dappled all over, which is exactly what happens to those of us of the speckled variety!  The makeup comes with the skins, an eyeshadow and 3 lipstick varieties, meaning you can change the look of these skins with just the click of a button, making them incredibly versatile and a must have!  So hurry on over to the event and grab a demo and fall in love with Alaskametro's skins and makeup!  

Spring is literally right around the corner which means we are all looking for more skin baring clothing.  NoName has two fantastic new releases to do just that!  The Alissa top is wonderfully form fitting with a flirty ruffle that comes with the fantastic color and texture HUD you have come to expect from NoName, meaning you can change the color of the tank, ruffle and the metal on the back, since the top is gathered with an O-ring.  The Amara shorts are high waisted with adorable lace detailing and wide legs, also with the HUD so you can change the pieces to match!  Both items are available in the main store right now, and while there check out all the other fabulous Winter/Spring 2016 releases!

The Fashion Details
Body - Maitreya
Skin - Alaskametro - Hybrid Skin - Kismet - Freckled - Rose 15% off @ Skin Fair 2016
Hair - Emo-tions - Magna @ Hairology 10th-30th
Eyes - IKON - Hope - Denim
Lashes - Gaeline Creations - Felicia
Earrings and Necklace - Meva - Alis
Top - NoName - Alissa
Shorts - NoName - Amara
Pose - An Lar Poses - Regatta Series  


No comments: