Monday, August 8, 2016

"I wanna hold the hand inside you I wanna take the breath that's true." Mazzy Star

As some of you know, the past couple of years I have been working on getting into better shape, and with that has come a significant weight loss.  Though I had wanted to lose weight, my plan didn't include 100+ pounds, since I honestly believed I couldn't do it.  Over the last year my brain has finally started to come around and the person I see in the mirror is a much more realistic version of me, compared to what I had been seeing for the last few years.  One of the things that happens, I think for most people, when losing a lot of weight, there is a reluctance to go out and buy new clothes because of the fear we all have of sizes.  Anyone who has ever gained a bunch of weight knows your clothes can stretch with you to a point, which means we have no clue what size we truly are at the height of our weight, or at the lower end because we have gotten stuck in our comfort zone.  I honestly didn't buy anything new, or step on a scale for over three years before I began this new way of life, because that is what it is, not a diet.  I also refused to buy new clothes, other than when something was needed, and then I honestly only bought stuff at Walmart.  What was the point of spending money on a size of clothing I didn't want to be in, and hated looking at the tags?  By the time I went to get clothes, because they were literally falling off of me, I had gone from a size 26, to a size 18; and after a shopping spree over the weekend, I can say everything except my jeans was bought in the regular sized ladies department.  I think I might have been 24 the last time I could say that, and I think I am still floating on cloud nine!  It would have been 18 years this month that I was at least 80 - 100 pounds overweight, and now I can say I have 30 pounds to go to be in the Doc's acceptable body weight, which means, probably 20 pounds in my eyes.  If I was doubtful about being able to lose this much and get back in shape, my father was a complete skeptic!  He is a bit of a tyrant when it comes to weight, and has given me a hard time for years.  I happened to have to see him this morning for a meeting at Social Security and I of course had to wear a new dress I bought this weekend.  Though he didn't say much to me, he did say he liked the dress, but I got a call a couple of hours later that has a smile etched into my face this afternoon.  Apparently he went home and told my mother I looked stunning today and that he couldn't believe how hard I had worked to get to where I am today.  I don't think it matters how old you are, a compliment from your Dad means the WORLD, especially if you happen to be a bit of a daddy's girl.  Now I know that I have done most of this work on my own, I do have to bring up the fact that being truly happy has helped out a lot.  For the first time since my early 20's I am complete in all areas of my life; romantic, financial, career, spiritual, social; every area is fulfilled and with that has come a sense of peace and true bliss.  Suddenly, that pesky plateau I couldn't get past melted away and those last few pounds seem to be disappearing into the wind, like a snake shedding it's skin to grow and stretch and learn.  All things become possible when all things in your life are complete.  Notice I said possible, because as we all know, no one should ever get everything they want in this life.  Makes life a bit too predictable and I personally enjoy that part of our lives, even though it can be frustrating at times.  So if there is one thing I can say this Summer, is that I have learned true love really changes you and your life in ways you never imagined!


I was browsing through the Designer Showcase preview notecard the other day and made a plan to head over to the event to grab this gorgeous ensemble when all of the sudden there it was as a delivery in We Love to Blog.  I might have gotten a bit stupidly excited since I just adore this entire outfit with it's delicately feminine styling, soft colors, versatility and overall fabulous design from KiB.  The Kamilla Collection is 1 dress with 8 colors to choose from via HUD as well as a necklace and 2 bracelets, exclusively available at the event, so HURRY, trust me you are going to fall in LOVE with it!  Alaskametro has several new skin releases and this stunning new makeup release, Fall Runway, is inspired by the latest trends in fashion and can only be found at the Mesh Body Addicts Fair that runs through the 21st, where you can find all kinds of goodies for your mesh parts!

The Fashion Details
Body - Maitreya
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Maitreya%20Isle/128/133/24

Head - LeLutka
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/LeLutka/128/128/26

Skin - DeeTaleZ
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/DeeTaleZ/127/128/265

Hair - Exile - Half-shut Eyes
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Covet/122/96/29

Eyes - IKON - Triumph - Silverleaf
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/IKON/143/128/501

Makeup - Alaskametro - Fall Runway Makeup @ Mesh Body Addicts Fair
5 mix and match eyeshadows
5 coordinating lipsticks
Based on current fashion trends
Separate appliers for each system. Classic/Omega, Slink Visage, #themeshproject, Lelutka and Catwa
L$75
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Daviston/194/231/37

Necklace, Earrings, Dress - KiB - Kamilla Dress and Jewels @ Designers Showcase
1 dress 8 colors via HUD
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Corrupted%20Innocence/215/52/23

Pose - An Lar Poses - The Still Series
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Remarkable/84/74/22


Have a wonderfully wicked rest of your day and remember to always stay true to your style and make today's fashion trends work for you!
~Jade~ 




No comments: