Sunday, June 7, 2015

I got no time for private consultation

Sometimes when this place gets kind of empty
Sound of their breath fades with the light
I think about the loveless fascination
Under the milky way tonight
 I wish I knew what you were looking for
I might have known what you would find
And it's something quite peculiar
Something that shimmering and white
Leads you here despite your destination
Under the milky way tonight
Under the milky way tonight
The Church - Under the Milky Way Tonight


Last night my best friend returned from a week long trip to California and as all of us know, road trips, when they end, you are REALLY happy to get back home and into the comforts of  your regular, every day life.  So this of course meant a couple bottles of wine were shared over great conversation with laughter as she told me of her adventures over the past week.  To keep myself productive while we rambled on, I jumped onto my platform to decorate a bit to make my pose props look a little bit more homey.  What's funny, is that she and I used to have these stars we hung from the ceiling that have adorned two of the homes we have lived in over the last decade.  So as I spotted my starts from Hideki from an ancient Gacha, I decided to pay a little homage to our years of friendship.  She will always be my supportive star, and I hers, it is just one of those things that happens in life that you don't really have an explanation for, but thank the powers that be everyday for their presence in your life.  I think, a lot of times we end up taking these "stars" for granted in our lives.  They are the ones that are always there, no matter the time that has passed.  A simple text or a call and you are right back to where you left off.  Like the stars in the sky of the Milky Way, these kinds of friends are eternal, infinite even.  Cherish them and always keep your stars polished with your appreciation of their presence in your life.

Recently I have been talking about the fact that I am truly a Bohemian at heart and today is a perfect example of a modern take on a Vintage look.  The utilitarian start of the modern jumpsuit comes from probably where you would assume it would, parachutists and race car drivers, but in 1919 a very fashion forward designer by the name of Florentine Thayat, who released it an avant garde, futuristic outfit to challenge the norms of dressing for women.  And that moment, started a long, creative and amazing trend that all started from a one piece garment with a belt and a few buttons or a zipper.  I found this fantastic article with great pictures depicting the evolution of the Jumpsuit over time, plus found a few more modern examples as well, as the article stopped at 2011.  If you are curious, and want more information then check out, "History of Jumpsuits: Then and Now."  One of the reasons I absolutely love Lush by CoCo is her attention to the most current trends on the runway including her SS15 Jungle Fury collection.  This jumpsuit is exclusively available at Designer Showcase right now, so make sure you head on over as you won't find this color combination in the store.  It is available in several color combinations with accenting heels playing towards the current trend of bold colors and patterns so I am sure you will find the perfect combination for this Summer.

Style Card 
Body, Hands and Feet - Slink
Hair - Mina - Elvire
Skin - DeeTalez - Max
Eyes - IKON - Sovereign - Oxidation
Eyeshadow - alaskametro<3 - Tropika - Blue Hawaii @ Anybody #7
25L - Appliers for Visage, Omega, TMP and Lelutka as well as Classic Tattoo Layers
Necklace - Maxi Gossamer - Skylla Immortal Horse - G4
Nails - alaskametro<3 - Tropics Gold @ Anybody #7
Now with special Maitreya, Lara and Eve versions; plus materials support for Slink V2 and Omega!
 Jumpsuit - Lush by CoCo - Fury Jumpsuit - Solid Block @ Designer Showcase
Shoes - Lush by CoCo - Fury Pumps - Lemon @ Designer Showcase



Have a wonderfully wicked rest of your day and remember to always stay true to your style and make today's fashion trends work for you!
~Jade~  


No comments: