Saturday, June 6, 2015

I hope you dance

My soul is awakened, my spirit is soaring, 
And carried aloft on the wings of the breeze; 
For, above, and around me, the wild wind is roaring 
Arousing to rapture the earth and the seas.
 
The long withered grass in the sunshine is glancing, 
The bare trees are tossing their branches on high; 
The dead leaves beneath them are merrily dancing, 
The white clouds are scudding across the blue sky.
My Soul is Awakened
Anne Bronte
 
 
If you have been following my blog for awhile, or if you happen to follow me on Google+ then the nickname "Melancholy Baby" is one you are familiar with, at least it should ring a bell for you!  For years, that has been my nickname.  I feel everything intensely, including other people's emotions and states of mind.  And for some, when they get blue or sad, or perhaps melancholy, they constantly are searching for a way out of the funk, and never truly embrace the fact that these are needed emotions, not ones to be tucked under the rug and hidden away.  When the melancholia surrounds me, almost like a heavy wool blanket, I do not feel afraid; and I don't cry.  I simply let it caress me for as long as it needs to before it moves on again.  Listening to old jazz and blues, lost love songs and thinking about things is what gets me through.  I love being the melancholy baby, to be honest.  I am always "on", and people expect me to be happy and bubbly and always ready to make people laugh so the fact my body gives me natural down time is AWESOME!  The past couple of days I have been languishing in my melancholia and enjoying listening to songs I haven't heard in a bit and getting to work out my vocal chords.  So many years spent on the stage have made me relish the down times and my isolation.  I know this can make me a bit harder to get to know, and that my reactions to people may be a bit too emotional as far as they are concerned, but this is just who I am, and at 43 I am content with the lady who looks back at me in the mirror every day.  The critics and the haters will always have something to say, but remember this is your life, not theirs and the only thing that should matter is that you get through it with over 80% spent smiling! 


Quite a few years ago now there was a song released that really made me stop and think about like, and being a Mom etc. and it offered one of the best pieces of advice I have ever heard....."I hope you dance!"  Let those words tumble around in your brain and enjoy every moment of today!  

Style Card
 Body, Hands and Feet - Slink
Skin - DeeTaleZ - Max
Hair - D!va - Daisy - TypeA - CatEye - Gacha at the store
Eyes - IKON - Sovereign - Oxidation
Earrings - Maxi Gossamer - MG - Esmeralda Gypsy Queen @ FaMeshed
Necklace - Maxi Gossamer - MG - Little Memory Locket
Top - D R O P. - Back Ribbon Setup - Beige
Skirt - Kaithleen's - Dolly Skirt @ TFASL - The Dream Fair 1st - 20th



Have a wonderfully wicked rest of your day and remember to always stay true to your style and make today's fashion trends work for you!
~Jade~  

 

No comments: