Thursday, August 3, 2017

"Eyes on fire, Your spine is ablaze, Felling any foe with my gaze." Featuring the new Powder Pack release and Persefona

I started blogging to fill the gap created when I became disabled and no longer could work a traditional job, and because it gave me the chance to dip my feet back into the fashion and interior design worlds I had been separated from for years. At one point I was trying to blog for too many creators and it became a bit overwhelming, to be honest, and no longer served it's purpose of relieving stress and helping me to feel like I still could contribute to society. When my health took a turn for the worse I made the hard decision to step away from some of my blogging responsibilities and with that has come a sense of freedom. I have more time to concentrate on each and every photo and post, giving me the ability to better promote those who have chosen me to represent them with my blog. And with this freedom I have finally been able to work on my photo and editing skills, and with this has come recognition from artists I have followed and admired. Though I was never really looking for it, because as I said, I blog for my sponsors and I, and as long as they love what I do, I am content. But to see my photos soaring over a thousand views and hundreds of likes makes my heart burst with joy, because it means other people appreciate the artwork I create, and often times follow my blog, allowing them to also follow my real life, not just the fashion and decor of Second Life. The passion I originally started with has returned in abundance and I continue to watch and read tutorials about photography and photoshop, furthering my knowledge and allowing my art to grow.

One of the hardest things for me over the years in regards to photography on Second Life was the close up photo. Before I had my good computer everything got choppy up close, and since I couldn't render materials, I could never show off jewelry or makeup very well and it broke my heart. Once I did an upgrade on the computer I suddenly could do things I had never dreamed of with my photos and the settings on Second Life, but still the great close up alluded me. Everything always looked disproportionate and out of focus and I continued to struggle. After reading a few photo tutorials and learning a bit more about Firestorm I suddenly had perfectly proportioned, clear close ups and could show off jewelry and makeup like I had always wanted to, and this photo is a perfect example!

Eyes on Fire - August Powder Pack - LeLutka

August 1st marked the release of the Powder Pack for LeLutka August edition and I had been dying to dive into the boxes, but my schedule hadn't permitted that until yesterday. This is probably my favorite pack since I started getting them, so I know they are expensive but do yourself a favor and go grab one, or make sure to reserve the next one, because you won't ever be disappointed. Today I am showing off gorgeous new eyes from Avi Glam, fresh new skin from Essences, and makeup from Zibska, Arise, and OHeMO. One of the things I love the most about the last full month of Summer, is the trend towards a redheads colour palette! It's the time of year when the palettes meet and meld together in some of the most spectacular of ways and I absolutely fell in love with this combination! As always Zibska has released perfect eye shadows that remind me of the sunsets in Arizona. The colours are blended well and I love the sparkles and shine, especially combined with this subtle brown lipstick from Arise. As most of you know, I have been an IKON eye addict, and I truly have never worn anything else because I love the shine and wide variety of colours. Avi Glam has blown me away with the Lure eyes, a new release for the August LeLutka Power Pack, with their gorgeous shine, fabulous colour choices and fantastic HUD to change the colours, size, and depth, making them incredibly versatile and you can bet I will be heading over to check out more eye releases!
One of the thing photographers often have happen in real life, are bokeh lights. They occur a lot around water and where there are lights and reflections and can add depth and shine to your Second Life photos, but they have to be added after through an editing program. Persefona has released a Bokeh Photography gacha set for the latest round of Cosmopolitan and I loved playing with them via the hud, changing their glow and size allowing me to create the lighting for this photo without having to add them via after effects. All photographers need to add this to their box of prop goodies, you won't be disappointed, and you can bet I will be avidly watching Persefona from now on! I hope you enjoy this look and this month's Powder Pack as much as I did and have fun shopping!

The Fashion Details

Head - LeLutka - Simone - Bento
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/LeLutka/119/138/24

Body - Maitreya - Lara
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Maitreya%20Isle/128/133/24

Skin - Essences - Grazia - Pale #2 @ Powder Pack - August - LeLutka
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/The%20Last%20Forever/93/116/22

Hair - No.Match - No Pressure
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/No%20Comment/131/61/22

Eyes - Avi Glam - Lure Eyes @ Powder Pack LeLutka - August
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/The%20Last%20Forever/93/116/22

Lashes - Tameless - LeLutka Lashes NEW!!
149L
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Dreyfus/184/162/1504

Eye Shadow - Zibska - Sal Eye Makeup @ Powder Pack - LeLutka - August
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/The%20Last%20Forever/93/116/22

Lips - Arise - Stella @ Powder Pack - LeLutka - August
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/The%20Last%20Forever/93/116/22

Mole - OHeMO - PP LeLutka August Moles @ Powder Pack - LeLutka - August
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/The%20Last%20Forever/93/116/22

Earrings and Necklace - RealEvil - Kitty Pearls Set
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/RealEvil%20Industries/114/132/24

Top - Dead Dollz - Vacanze Romane - Dove
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Endless%20Summer/193/121/21

Pose - An Lar - The Still Series
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Remarkable/84/74/22

Bokeh Prop Lights - Persefona -Bokeh Photography Set - Gacha @ Cosmopolitan
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/No%20Comment/131/61/22



Have a wonderfully wicked rest of your day and remember to always stay true to your style and make today's trends in fashion and home decor work for you!
~Jade~

No comments: