Wednesday, June 3, 2015

The play of smoke and light on the window pane

Last fall I happened upon a wonderful organization for bloggers and creators called SL Blogger Support, and it was by far one of the best choices I have made over the last year.  Recently, the posts there have been discussing how to get more traffic on your blog and after today's article I had to sit back for a bit and think about everything presented in "4 essential blogging secrets to help you write seductively readable SL blog posts."  Along the way my blog has evolved, and actually took a turn I had not expected at the start.  I am a Bohemian at heart and when out and about shopping, or hanging out with friends, you will find me in an eclectic mix of designs, colors and textures.  But, what you won't find, are baggy, form hiding designs, poorly textured fabrics or pieces that interfere with walking, sitting or dancing.  Often times this style of my own, leans toward the more haute couture, but always with an artistic, or Bohemian flair.  This why I close every post by saying make today's fashion trends work for you, because that is after all what it means to have personal style.  The ability to take new and trendy items and use them in a way that fits your personality, not the way the newest magazine tells you to wear it.  Looking back at my posts along the way, I have to say I still truly believe that is what my blog is all about, showing all of you how to integrate the newest, high fashion designs into your more artisan lifestyle wardrobes.  Stay tuned as I take to heart some of the advice I have come across lately and start to tailor my blog more directly towards my original goal.


Today I took some time to head out to a few events and do a little retail therapy as I love to call it!  First stop Cosmopolitan since I know this round will be ending soon and I wanted to check out some of the pieces I had been seeing on FB and other blogs.  New to the scene for me is WetCat but this FANTASTIC pose and prop has made it's mark.  The "Smoke" Window Prop is a well textured piece perfect for any studio with 14 unisex "smoking" poses that also comes with a Cigarette and Lighter prop.  The windows also have 3 positions, Open, Closed, and Half Way meaning you can truly capture the feeling of the scene you are creating.  I also stopped by FaMeshed, and Designer Showcase as well, so stay tuned for those posts soon. 

A new Gacha event has hit the grid this month, Audace Summer Fair and Glint! has LOTS of goodies for you to check out including this gorgeous bracelet and ring combo.  This is the Rare, and though it says "Green" I would really call it more of an Aqua, which made it go PERFECTLY with this adorable new ensemble from NoName


The "Shari" set comes with the Top and Suspender Shorts as one with a HUD to change the Shorts, Suspenders, Top and Metals, and for those a little more daring you can also choose to hide the top!  The mesh fit incredibly well with my Slink Physique and the textures are truly wonderful, so head on by the store and get yours today!  And while you are out, make sure to head by HUDSON's Clothing Co. for the grid wide Silk Road Hunt VI that runs June 1st through the 30th and get your hands on these stunning new necklaces especially designed for the hunt.  The "Roman Coin and Cross Heavy Necklaces" are Unisex and can be worn together or separately.  Check the board as you land for the hint!  


Style Card
Body, Hands and Feet- Slink
Skin - DeeTaleZ - Max
Eyes - IKON - Hope - Apex
Hair - Mina - Mientje
Necklaces - HUDSON's Clothing Co. - Roman Coin and Cross Set - Unisex - Silk Road Hunt VI
Tattoos - White-Widow - Lost River
Top and Suspender Shorts - NoName - Shari NEW!!!
Bracelet and Ring - Glint! - Flower and Bracelet - Green - RARE @ Audace Summer Fair

Pose and Props - WetCat - "Smoke" Window Prop @ Cosmopolitan    

Well, I hope through the window tonight that I have you glimpse into the grid out there and that you have gotten a few ideas for things you can add to your wardrobe.  Have a wonderfully wicked rest of your night and remember to always stay true to your style and make today's fashion trends work for you! 
~Jade~

No comments: