Sunday, December 7, 2014

Reflections

It is that time of year again.  The time where I hear your voice through the whispered wind in the trees and I see your face reflected in the puddles as strangers pass.  When missing you becomes a poignant ache that no one can fill.   The brilliant monotones of the snowy fields dotted by evergreens and Christmas lights; illuminating the landscape as trees shimmer through the windows of houses on our street.


Pulling the stole around my shoulders tighter as I stroll through your favorite field, spying upon the families snuggled tight within their bungalows.  Memories of Holidays spent together and ones we never managed to make shuffle through my head on replay as the chill deepens into my bones.  Yes, that time of year when I miss you the most, yet at the same time, I feel you the most.  Which, in the end, warms my heart, fighting the bitter cold from the inside out.  You used to tell me to go buy myself something pretty to put under the tree to myself from Mrs. Santa, well this year I couldn't wait til then to open it, or to dress up for no reason and take a late night walk among the pines, over at Jacob's Pond.


Sometimes people ask me, why I still do these things, and I always answer, "These are the reflections of my past that made me who I am."  With our son tucked tightly in his bed and the dogs sound asleep in front of the fire, I take the time to reflect, away from judging eyes with a sad smile, and warm heart because I know you are proud I didn't end up just a pretty doll, lost on a shelf.

Ensemble
Dress - Dead Dollz - Grey Matter
Earrings, Necklace and Bracelet R - Glint! - Heavenly Skies Collection
Diamond Tennis Bracelet - Glint!
Ring R - Zenith - Ring of Fury
Ring L - Zenith - Angel Wings
Fur Stole - Ryvolter - Mink Princess Stole
Poses - PosESion - Statue @ Kustom9 until the 9th!

Avatar
Shape - Mine
Skin - Belleza - Eva @ Uber
Blush - Belleza - Eva @ Uber
Lipgloss - Belleza - Eva @ Uber
Liner - Gaeline - V1 Black
Lashes - Gaeline - Felicia
Eyes - IKON - Hope - Glass
Hair - Truth - Lala Having a HUGE 50% off sale until the 15th!
Hands and Feet - Slink
Nails - The {Wicked} Peach - Moonlight Glossy
Have a wonderfully wicked Sunday, and remember to hold your loved ones close, and make sure they know you love them; for you never know what tomorrow will bring.
~Jade~ 

No comments: