Monday, February 1, 2016

Life happens in a well loved room

The day I saw the preview for The Gacha Garden from *YS&YS* I knew once again that I would be grabbing everything I could from that machine, just like the last round.  So when I got my early access skipped over happily and began the rapid depletion of funds which always seems to happen when I am there!  Once again I ended up picking up all kinds of things for my home, but with a move to a bigger parcel soon, I will now have the room to decorate as I like.  I realized, as I picked up another set of what would be considered vintage or shabby chic, why I love these pieces.  They look well loved.  I grew up in a home where the furniture ended up becoming mine and that is what I love about every piece.  Life happened in rooms that were well loved.  The scratches and small tears in the leather chairs and sofa from moments from my youth; the stain on the wood table from where my Mom's coffee cup always sat; and the missing piece of glass in the china cabinet from a far too rambunctious night in my teens; all marks of a home where life happened in a well loved room.


The Décor
Basket, Canvas 01, Canvas 02, Drawers 01, Drawers 02, Pouf 2, Rug 02, Table - RARE, Bookcase - Seed of Inspiration - *YS&YS* - European Taste @ The Gacha Garden

Wall Heart - Goose - Sea la vie heart wall deco @ The Gacha Garden

Flowers - Ariskea - [Nordica] Hybrid Red Roses
Lamp - Zerkalo - Memories - Dark - Book Lamp @ Shiny Shabby

Books - Zerkalo - Memories - Dark - Books2 @ Shiny Shabby

Tea - striped mocha - slowing tea - purple @ The Gacha Garden

Have a wonderfully wicked rest of your day and remember to always stay true to your style and make today's trends in home décor work for you!
~Jade~

 

No comments: