Saturday, June 13, 2015

Beautiful in her strangeness

I have been a lover of fine art since I was in high school thanks to the father of one of my best friend's growing up.  Every inch of their home in the Central West End area of downtown St. Louis was covered in pieces of abstract, post modern Soho art, as he described it.  I learned early on about Warhol, and his contemporaries; falling in love with the stories and the people involved over time.  Those Neo-Expressionists were not the only art that lined the walls, one captivated me even in it's disturbing imagery and I had to know the story behind the print.  A woman on a bed, surrounded by objects with tiny, vein like strings attaching each piece to her body, including a fetus.  Frida Kahlo was the name etched across the bottom of the piece and who she was, and her story became something of a fascination for me.  An incredibly talented woman whose life was riddled with tragedy who used her pain to create magnificent self-portraits that she bravely shared with the world; Frida Kahlo influenced generations of artists and women.


"I used to think I was the strangest person in the world but then I thought there are so many people in the world, there must be someone just like me who feels bizarre and flawed in the same ways I do. I would imagine her, and imagine that she must be out there thinking of me too. Well, I hope that if you are out there and read this and know that, yes, it's true I'm here, and I'm just as strange as you.”
Frida Kahlo 

I went out searching for the perfect location to take a picture of this dress and I wandered into a brand new ballroom!  The Brigadoon Ballroom is a well decorated, outdoor venue with flowers, candles, pianos and places to dance, sit and cuddle with that special someone.  What you won't find are tip jars, for the creator doesn't care about the money, he simply wanted an elegant location for people to put on their finest and come dance the night away.  I think he has a home run here, as I stayed for quite awhile just to check out all the intimate locations dotted about the venue.  There is a group already put together so you can stay informed of the upcoming grand opening, so head on over and check it out before Brigadoon becomes the hottest date night spot on the grid!

Style Card
  Body, Hands and Feet - Slink
Skin - DeeTaleZ
Eyes- IKON
Hair - Virtual Diva - Miss
Jewelry - Zenith - Black Noble Queen
Bracelet - Lazuri - Classic Pearls
Dress - Virtual Diva - Frida

Pose - PoSEsion
Location - Brigadoon Ballroom  

Have a wonderfully wicked rest of your weekend and remember to always stay true to your style and make today's fashion trends work for you!
~Jade~ 

No comments: