Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Like, Oh My God! She's a Valley Girl

Due to some technical difficulties around here the past week, mainly me back, my series on dressing styles is going to have to wait for a bit since I can't sit for long periods of time right now.  In the meantime, I will be bringing you all kinds of cute goodies for this Summer from various creators and events, so keep an eye out!  Guess what?!  A brand new event from Solaris opens on the 10th, called Apply Me, which of course, is exactly what you think it is!  An event designed with the mesh body in mind!  Here is your first tease!  Enjoy and hope to see you on the 10th!

Total Valley Girl
I have to share a secret today with everyone....the movie "Valley Girl" is a secret obsession and I have loved that movie since the first day it came out.  I was really a little young to have been sneaking into the theater after my sister and her friend thought I had gone into some Disney flick, but I did it anyway.  The stupidly catchy tune from Frank Zappa to the goofy language to the daring, spunky, eclectic way of dressing had me hooked!  So you can imagine my delight and surprise to see this adorable, and aptly named "Valley Girl" ensemble from Pink Pearl Designs, an exclusive release for Apply Me!  From head to toe this entire ensemble is perfect!  The sunglasses sit well on top of your head and I didn't have a hard time finding a hair that looked good, which is always a plus in my book.  The phone and earbuds fit well and I didn't do any adjusting, which was fantastic since the earbuds sat perfectly!  The jacket and skirt are both mesh and the top comes in standard layers as well as with some of the most current appliers.  If you are looking for a bit of a retro look, or if the Summer has brought up some 80's nostalgia then make sure to head on by the store and let your inner Valley Girl come out to play!

Valley Girl Tease
Check out the new nail release from DaneMarkZ adorning my pretty little fingers!  I love the "Tropicana Slant" collection as the colors are perfect for Summer and come in both silver and gold selections making them very versatile.  I also had to get a close up of that popsicle and the cute sunglasses, so you knew that Valley Girls aren't as innocent as they look!  I absolutely adore this look, and it brings out the brat in me, which means it quite possibly may get a lot of wear!  Again, the retro, eclectic look fits in perfectly with my bohemian style, so remember that sometimes it is all in how you put an ensemble together that defines it's style, not just the pieces themselves.  

Style Card
 Body - Slink - Physique
Skin - DeeTaleZ - Leyna - Exclusive Makeup - No Longer Available
Eyes - IKON - Hope - Denim
Ear Studs - Glint - Piercings and Studs
Nails - DaneMarkZ - Tropicana Slant
Ensemble - Pink Pearl Designs - Valley Girl - Pink @ Apply Me - July 10th!
Pose - EverGlow - Sweet

Have a wonderfully wicked rest of your day and remember to always stay true to your style and make today's fashion trends work for you!
~Jade~


No comments: