Friday, August 14, 2015

Life is a journey

As I have been discussing lately, life is an incredible gift that truly should be lived to it's fullest, no matter the circumstances people must choose to live.  I often describe life as a journey and over the last five years, though painful, my journey has taught me many valuable lessons.  Along the way, I made a choice to shed my fears and to leap head first into whatever comes my way knowing full well that things may not turn out like I planned, but at least it will be another chapter in my adventure.  I have been preparing my articles for you all about dressing styles, and the act of writing has me feeling very complete at the moment.  Educating, writing, drawing people in and entertaining them with my words or information is something I have always loved to do, and when I find myself writing more than normal I tend to read more as well, especially a well loved book, or collection of poetry.  As I was preparing this post tonight, and with my thoughts drifting to the journey I have been on for the past few years I was reminded of a poem that has inspired me for a long time, maybe the one that pushed me to shed my skin, hibernate for a bit and emerge from my chrysalis with beautiful, strong wings ready to fly.

The Journey
Mary Oliver
  
One day you finally knew
what you had to do, and began,
though the voices around you
kept shouting
their bad advice—
though the whole house
began to tremble
and you felt the old tug
at your ankles.
“Mend my life!”
each voice cried.
But you didn’t stop.
You knew what you had to do,
though the wind pried
with its stiff fingers
at the very foundations,
though their melancholy
was terrible.
It was already late
enough, and a wild night,
and the road full of fallen
branches and stones.
But little by little,
as you left their voices behind,
the stars began to burn
through the sheets of clouds,
and there was a new voice
which you slowly
recognized as your own,
that kept you company
as you strode deeper and deeper
into the world,
determined to do
the only that you could do—
determined to save
the only life you could save.
 “Poetry is a life-cherishing force. For poems are not words, after all, but fires for the cold, ropes let down to the lost, something as necessary as bread in the pockets of the hungry.” Mary Oliver
 April of last year is when I embarked on my journey of blogging in SL, and over this time I have grown so much in my personal life and I have to admit it comes from having pride in something I do and having those who appreciate it.  I was a creator on IMVU for years and I have great pride in the work I did there, but the lack of appreciation in that sea of sharks made me question everything I did.  I no longer do that and I have begun a new chapter in my adventure as I learn to create for SL.  As I told you all in a recent post, I always want to learn new things and create myself all over again.  A year and a half ago I started over, with a new life, with clear goals and a new sense of purpose and direction.  The friends I have made and the supportive community I have found myself in, continue to push me to strive for what I want from this life and I cherish them for every nudge, or kick, depending on the person.  But isn't that what true friends really are?  To lift you up when you need a hand and to knock you down a level when you get a bit too high and mighty!  Keeps friendships real, after all, who wants a sugar coated friendship based on coddling?!  Bring them on your journey with you and you will be amazed at where life takes you!

The Details
Body - Maitreya - Lara
Hair - Little Bones - Cameo Lover
Skin - DeeTaleZ - Max
Eyes- IKON - Hope - Moor
Lashes - Gaeline Creations
Shadow - Alaskametro - Matte Smoke - Charcoal
Choker and Bracelets - Zaara - Banjara
Dress - Kaithleen's - Linda Linen @ Designer Showcase 149L (LM wasn't working today :/)
Pose - KaTink - Andrea Editorial

Have a wonderfully wicked rest of your night or day, depending on where you are, and remember to always stay true to your style and make today's fashion trends work for you!
~Jade~   

No comments: