Monday, July 25, 2016

"He used to say soulshine, It's better than sunshine, It's better than moonshine, Damn sure better than rain." The Allman Brothers

Many years ago an old friend nicknamed me the melancholy baby because I really have always embraced the darkness that can find us all.  My remedy has always been music, so on my youtube account and on Spotify you can find mixes with that title, which are comprised of what most people would call sad songs.  For me they are the quickest way to get in touch with my soul, and the best way to let my soul shine through.  A very good friend played a song for me recently that I had kind of let fade into the recesses of my mind because it has a lot of memories attached to it, but I was reminded of why I loved it in the first place and wanted to share it and its sentiment with you all today.
When you can't find the light,
That got you through the cloudy days,
When the stars ain't shinin' bright,
You feel like you've lost you're way,
When those candle lights of home,
Burn so very far away,
Well you got to let your soul shine,
Just like my daddy used to say.
He used to say soulshine,
It's better than sunshine,
It's better than moonshine,
Damn sure better than rain.
Hey now people don't mind,
We all get this way sometime,
Got to let your soul shine, shine till the break of day.
I think too many people get caught up in finding something else outside of themselves to fix them.  Whether it be through medications, drugs, alcohol, meditation, yoga, working out, religion etc. people are always searching when in all reality they simply need to recharge themselves by letting their soul shine.  I am not saying that everything can be fixed that way, not in the slightest, but I am saying people need to pay more attention to themselves and be a bit selfish and turn their focus inward to their inner light and tend to it, just as a garden is tended.  Occasionally the weeds of inner thoughts and outward negativity creep through the cracks and find their way into the deepest parts of our soul, tangling it up, hiding it; requiring tender loving care to again let it breathe and grow and light you from within.


I woke feeling like my batteries needed recharged today, so music, and a little time on the beach at Baja Sands, the newest addition to the Baja Norte lands, and trust me you should take a stroll on over, it's a quaint retreat with a touch of vintage that took me back to the boardwalks of my youth.  I have to admit I was wandering around for a bit in this adorable little top and shorts from NoName that will be available on the 27th as the Aloha Fair opens!  The Raven top and shorts come with an amazing color HUD for both pieces and you will be amazed by the fit!  I didn't have to hide a thing with my Maitreya body which always makes me happy and ends up saving so much time when getting dressed!  As you all know, I am a die hard lover of IKON's eyes and rarely, if ever, change from them.  Today, this has changed with the fantastic group gift release for Virtual Diva.  The mesh eyes come with a 4 color choice HUD, but be prepared to move the eyes to fit your head, which if you have been wearing a mesh head for awhile, you will be used to this.  The eyes are a unisex group gift at the store right now so hurry on over, and let these eyes be the windows to your soul and let it shine!



The Fashion Details

Hair - LeLutka - HF5 @ Hair Fair 2016
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Platinum/211/128/26

Eyes - Virtual Diva - Deep Eyes V1 NEW!! Group Gift
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Domain/102/238/4005

Earrings - Noodles - Le Kitty @ FaMESHed
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/FaMESHed/131/161/22

Top and Shorts - NoName - Raven @ Aloha Fair
Starts July 27th and ends August 10th
Stay tuned for the Landmark
Main store
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/NoName/142/128/26

Location - Baja Sands
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Baja%20Sands/121/119/26


No comments: