Thursday, August 4, 2016

"Long afloat on shipless oceans; I did all my best to smile. 'Til your singing eyes and fingers, drew me loving to your isle." Song to the Siren

Some songs, no matter how long ago it was since you last heard them, stay with you.  Their words, their meaning, the melody lingers in the recesses of your mind until the chords once again dance upon the air and filter through the grey matter.  For some reason today, one of those songs came playing through my head as I wandered along the beach at Baja Sands looking for the perfect spot to take my photo.  If you haven't ever heard "Song to the Siren", by any of the artists who have covered it over the years, then take a moment and let this hauntingly beautiful melody impress itself upon your memory.

Song to the Siren
Long afloat on shipless oceans
I did all my best to smile
'Til your singing eyes and fingers
Drew me loving to your isle
And you sang
Sail to me
Sail to me
Let me enfold you
Here I am
Here I am
Waiting to hold you
Did I dream you dreamed about me?
Were you hare when I was fox?
Now my foolish boat is leaning
Broken lovelorn on your rocks,
For you sing, "Touch me not, touch me not, come back tomorrow:
O my heart, O my heart shies from the sorrow"
I am puzzled as the newborn child
I am troubled at the tide:
Should I stand amid the breakers?
Should I lie with death my bride?
Hear me sing, "Swim to me, swim to me, let me enfold you:
Here I am, here I am, waiting to hold you"


One of the things I have been working on with my photography is improving my closeups, since they always seem to look a bit off.  Today, I have to say I am quite pleased with this capture especially with how fantastic the new pieces from IT! look, and these amazing eyes from Lone Wolf Studio!  The Aloha Fair has been up and running for a little bit now, which means you are running out of time to head over and grab the gifties out and about at the booths as well as this gorgeous new jewelry collection from IT! (Indulge Temptation).  The Pretty Dolphins collection is available in a multitude of color combinations to choose from, so you are sure to find a favorite, or do yourself a favor and grab them all, you will not be disappointed!  The Dark Chamber opens August 7th and runs through the 27th, which is where you will find these dark and mysterious eyes from Lone Wolf Studio.  The Bogeyman eyes are an exclusive to the event, but there is also a gacha, so make sure to check out all the goodies when the event opens.  I know most of you have probably been by The Epiphany at this point, but I have to once again rave about this hair from Truth!  I was lucky enough to have picked up the RARE, and I just love everything about it!  The fit over the breasts is perfect, especially when you are trying to cover up those pink parts, for whatever reason, mine happens to be to keep my blog PG but also because I just love the long, sexy line it makes when you are going topless.  The bangs are an add-on, and they soften the look of the hair, which means they create two very different looks with one hair, so hurry up and get on over and play the gacha and see what you get!  

The Fashion Details
Body - Maitreya
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Maitreya%20Isle/128/133/24

Head - LeLutka
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/LeLutka/128/128/26

Skin - DeeTaleZ
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/DeeTaleZ/127/128/265

Hair - Truth - Oriana RARE @ The Epiphany
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/The%20Epiphany/129/128/35

Hairpiece - IT! (Indulge Temptation) - Pretty Starfish Adornment GIFT @ The Aloha Fair
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Saints%20Row/213/196/23

Eyes - Lone Wolf Studio - Bogeyman Eye - Unisex Exclusive @ Darkness Chamber 8/7 - 8/27
No LM yet, so stay tuned!

Necklace - IT! (Indulge Temptation) - Pretty Dolphins - Set 1 @ The Aloha Fair
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Saints%20Row/213/196/23
The storms are starting to settle in again here in the mountains of Arizona, which seems to be the daily standard lately.  And I think I am going to take a bit of time and relax for awhile, recharge my batteries and enjoy the melancholia that tends to set in at the end of the Summer.  Unlike most parents who seem to be celebrating the return of kids to school, I am dreading it because I truly love spending time with the boys.  Running around doing yard work, watching movies, discussing the world; these are all moments I cherish, and the days here in the office will be a bit quiet without them around.  Have a wonderfully wicked rest of your day and remember to always stay true to your style and make today's fashion trends work for you! ~Jade~

1 comment:

Aneanu said...

You have a gorgeous avi, more close-ups are required :)