Saturday, July 11, 2015

Have to love these Summer nights

Being a child of the 70's and 80's I, like many of those from my era, have a tiny piece of my heart tied up in the movie "Grease."  My first crush was on Danny Zuko and I dreamed of being Sandy, in both good girl and bad girl forms.  Every word to every song is permanently engraved on my brain and you can bet I watch it at least a couple times of year, especially when down, for it will always bring me up.  I remember strutting around the living room in my Mom's "Candie's" heels and my black, shiny dance pants pretending to be Sandy while trying on my Mom's different wigs.  I had quite an imagination and had dreams of being a rockstar some day, so you can bet I kept my family quite entertained through the years.  But one song stands out for me more than the others, and if you do a search of top Summer songs, "Summer Nights" will always be in the list.  Today when I unpacked some more goodies from Apply Me I got all excited and suddenly that song started skipping it's way through my brain and I must confess, I had to jump onto youtube and listen to the soundtrack.  So off to the beach I went, bebopping my way through pics to show off this adorable new outfit from Zoom.

Hot Summer Nights 
The "Baby" top and pants are exclusively available at Apply Me until the 20th and comes with Standard Layers as well as Omega, Slink and TMP appliers.  I love the "bubble" cutout detailing on the pants and the vibrant use of colors, making it a perfect little outfit for your hot Summer nights!

This year marks the 10th year of The Hair Fair, a wonderful charity event to benefit Wigs for Kids.  Every creator have their hairs clearly marked with the percentage donated to charity as well as there are gifts in almost every booth for the anniversary.  I strongly believe in this event and the amazing community we have on Second Life that enables us to all participate and donate to a very worthy cause.  Through out the event you will find kiosks where you can just donate without having to purchase any of the hairs, which I highly encourage if you are just going to jump around and grab the gifts.  My pocketbook is a little empty this month, but every cent counts in an event such as this, so I grabbed 5k in Linden and headed on over.  I walked out with a lighter purse, happy heart and my karma meter reading a bit higher. Do yourself a favor and pay it forward, or just open your heart and give even just a few Linden, or a whole bunch to this fantastic cause!  

Check >HERE< for all the information about The Hair Fair
Style Card
 Body, Hands, Feet - Slink
Skin - DeeTaleZ - Neele
Hair - Elikatira - Kara - Hair Fair Gift!!!!
Tattoo - White-Widow - Lost River - arms and hands only
Necklace - Yummy - Layered Celestial - Silver
Top and Pants - Zoom - Baby @ Apply Me!

Have a wonderfully wicked rest of your night or day if you are up with the rising sun on the other side of the earth from me, and remember to always stay true to your style and make today's fashion trends work for you!
~Jade~  

No comments: