Thursday, September 29, 2016

The time of year that makes me think of home

Around this time of year, every year, I tend to get a bit nostalgic for where I grew up.  The bonfires on the weekends with the suns rays warming you through the day and a slight chill in the air as the sun sleeps for the evening, making it perfect sweatshirt and jeans weather.  Though I migrated West into the desert, most people forget there are huge mountains out here, with trees that change colors, lose their leaves and SNOW!  As I drive the boys to school in the morning I am stunned by the amazing colors showing up on the mountain as the trees are well into their fabulous Fall display, all seeming to try to out due the other.  But there will always be something missing here where I have made my roots, and I think maybe, for everyone, no matter where you are, it's never quite like home.  I love being able to wear the same things I have all Summer with a sweater added on top, or a pair of leggings on underneath.  It's the perfect time of year for layers, and if you don't like to dress that way, you will learn, because it's the only way to get through a whole day in Northern Arizona because the weather tends to change very rapidly this time of year.  The peaks have already had a dusting of snow, the wood has been split and stacked for the Winter and the flowers are making their last dying effort to provide a little brightness before the bleakness of Winter comes.  No matter where I go, from October to November, I will always miss those Missouri Autumn evenings, growing up in the Boondocks.


For those of you who follow along, I posted the hair, eyes and necklace yesterday, because I hate trying to cover it all in one!  It just seems like the individual pieces don't get the attention they deserve.  So today I am showing off this absolutely adorable new dress and boots collection from KiB Designs.  The Zaira dress comes in a variety of colors via HUD and the boots come in 3 different shades to choose from as well.  I loved the back home, country feel of this ensemble and you can bet I still love to wear boots with skirts and dresses!  The dress is well made with a wonderful attention to detailing meaning you can mix and match it with tons of different jewelry options as well as boots, or heels if you prefer, or maybe a cute pair of flats.  No matter what you choose to accessorize the design with, you won't be disappointed because this is definitely a MUST have for this Fall season, so hurry on over to the store today and get yours today!  

The Fashion Details

Earrings - Noodles - Le Kitty - Silver
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Illusory/129/128/3997

Necklace - Glint! - Silver Heart Choker
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Moonlit%20Cove/38/185/22


Have a wonderfully wicked rest of your day and remember to always stay true to your style and make today's trends in fashion and home decor work for you!
~Jade~

No comments: