Thursday, June 25, 2015

"I'm just a girl that needs a little sun, a little rain, an open field to play."

     For those of you who know me or who have been following my blog for awhile now know I will always be a Southern girl at heart no matter how long I have had my toes dug into the soft, dark, cinder rich soils of the mountains of Arizona.  Anyone who know the state of Missouri, it is a "Northern" state that was divided in the Civil War. meaning Southern traditions run deep as do the accents, depending on the geographic location.  My family is Kansas and Missouri bred with ties to Tennessee and Kentucky, and I spent a few years down the Atlanta way which means when I am tired, or have had a few glasses of wine, the drawl make an appearance; which of course is met with giggles and requests to repeat certain words. 
     A couple of days ago my only a/c unit went out and in my world that means DEAL, because a replacement isn't on the horizon.  I have suddenly been transported back to the long, languid Summer days spent at the river or out in the pool.  When makeup was a joke because it melted off your face faster than the ice cream cone in your hand and the buzz of the bees hypnotized you into an almost waking sleep.  I even ended up taking a nap yesterday afternoon with a damp sheet and fans where I ended up dreaming of the back porch swing and the old rickety fan from home.  When I woke last night I had quite a bit of energy when the sun went down and the temps dropped so I hopped on Second Life to see what goodies had come my way during my heat induced coma.  After the dream and the nostalgia that had washed over me during the day I just HAD to show off this fabulous Gingham dress from Jinx!  Needless to say, the outfit matched my day and my dreams and I have been caught up in the memories of back home where I grew up a wildflower.


Wildflower
I was born off an old dirt road 40 acre farm no highway no interstate
& I drive an old rusted out Chevrolet, the boys all rubber neck while their out makin' hay.
Hey, I'm a wildflower, growin' in the sunshine, soakin' up the way of life I was raised in,
runnin' barefoot bloomin' in a summer shower, ponytail dancin' I can't help it. I-I'm a wildflower.
Theres a little cotton dress hangin' in my sisters closet,
I think I'm gonna borrow it, and wear it this weekend.
Painted my toes, bought some cherry lip gloss.
No rose, No daisy, can touch what I got
Yeaah
I'm a wildflower, growin in the sunshine, soakin' up the way of life I was raised in,
runnin' barefoot bloomin' in a summer shower, ponytail dancin' I cant help it. I-I'm a wildflower.
Oooo yeaah oooo yeahh
I'm just a girl that needs a little sun, a little rain, an open field to play
Hey, I'm a wildflower, growin' in the sunshine soakin' up the way of life I was raised in,
runnin' barefoot bloomin' in a summer shower, ponytail dancin' I can't help it. I-I'm a wildflower. 
JaneDear Girls

Style Card
  Body, hands and feet - Slink
Hair - CATWA - Lazy
Skin - DeeTaleZ
Eyes - IKON
Necklace - Maxi Gossamer - Little Memory Locket
Dress, Stockings and Boots - Jinx - Claire @ Hot Summer Nights Flawless Cart Sale til July 6th
50% OFF during the sale!

Pic taken at Image Essentials



Have a wonderfully wicked rest of your day and remember to always stay true to your style and make today's fashion trends work for you!
~Jade~      

No comments: